Outreach Can Provide:
- Training for persons who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing and their families.
- Training to businesses, caregivers, public safety officials, and professionals that serve persons who have a hearing loss.
- Information and training about local services including where to find sign language classes, support services, and the technical equipment needed to aid persons who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing with their communication needs.
- Community education through information tables at local events, speaking to civic organizations, attending support group meetings, and working one on one with consumers who need training to use the equipment to meet their needs.
- Workshops on a variety of subjects:
- Coping with hearing loss
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing loss prevention
- Emergency Preparedness
- Sensitivity training for Emergency and Law Enforcement Personnel
- Technology and assistive listening devices
- Video Relay Services and VideoPhones
- TTY training for businesses and individuals
- Virginia relay
- Using an interpreter effectively
- Increasing Sign language skills
- Cochlear Implant Information
This File Was Last Modified:Tuesday August 04 2009